New Job Postings...
Process Development Scientist/Engineer @ Immune Design
Manager, Laboratory Operations @ Indi®
Director, Biology @ Aquinox Pharmaceuticals®
- Sr/Pr. Clinical Pharmacologist Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Sr Mgr/AD, Diagnostics and Biomarkers Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- AD, Clin Pharm and Pharmacometrics Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Head of Bioinformatics; Senior Mgr/AD Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Clinical Data Associate II (CDA II) Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Associate Director, Quality Control ZymoGenetics, Inc., a Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (WA)
- Manager, Drug Safety Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (WA)
- Quality Control Associate ZymoGenetics, Inc., a Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (WA)
- Clinical Research Associate Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (WA)
- Senior Quality Control Specialist, Microbiology ZymoGenetics, Inc., a Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (WA)
Learn about Icogenex Bioincubator Start-up Biotechnology Space Available for Lease
Whether you are a start-up or an established company, Icogenex Bioincubator rents lab benches, offices and desk space to
small companies with 1-20 employees. Lab bench space includes access to lab equipment, amenities and services at no
additional charge, minimizing capital expenses and making the facility cost-effective.
Their flexible space and lease terms allow you to expand or contract as needed. The all-inclusive monthly
rate eliminates hassles and unexpected expenses so you can focus on your business.
Learn about biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical facilities available for sale,
lease or sublease in Washington, regionally or nationwide.
August is National Immunization Awareness Month.
The goal of National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM) is to increase awareness about
immunizations across the life span, from infants to the elderly.
Immunization is one of the most significant public health achievements of the 20th century.
Vaccines have eradicated smallpox, eliminated wild poliovirus in the U.S. and significantly
reduced the number of cases of measles, diphtheria, rubella, pertussis and other diseases.
But despite these efforts, people in the U.S. still die from these and other vaccine-preventable diseases.
LifeScience Moment: FDA requested help in removing "X-33 Water Repellent" from the market.
On August 30, 1964, the FDA requested help in removing "X-33 Water Repellent" from the market. The extremely flammable product had caused three
deaths and more than 30 injuries through flash explosions, in many cases while it was being used in home basements to waterproof masonry.
Federal oversight of consumer products such as X-33 and many other items used in the home was transferred to the newly created Consumer Product
Safety Commission in 1973. One class of consumer products still regulated by the FDA is radiation-emitting products.
It's a Small World
"Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all -- the apathy of human beings."