Earn a Master's in Pharmaceutical Bioengineering part-time, in the evenings at UW. Learn more.
Earn a Master's in Biomedical Regulatory Affairs part-time, in the evenings at UW. Learn more.
Seattle Genetics, Inc.
Project Manager, Facilities
Location: Bothell, Washington
The Facilities Project Manager contributes to the Facilities team, reporting to the Associate Director, Facilities Operations. This position is responsible for the support of Facilities operations that directly impact programs throughout the organization. This position manages the process and people involved in projects facilitated by the department though matrix reporting. The position is responsible for coordinating all efforts for projects both within the Company as well as projects utilizing external vendors and service providers. The core function consists of day to day management of improvement initiatives, new or renovation construction projects, negotiating contracts, interpreting and applying regulations and coordinating activities with internal and external departments or organizations.
The role requires active involvement, to meet schedules or resolve problems or conflicts, and entails frequent interaction with subordinates, outside customers, functional peer groups at various management levels and senior management. Gaining project team cooperation via effective leadership, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects and schedules, and swift recognition of problems with effective solutions and a strong attention to detail are keys to success. Specific duties are outlined below and are not limited to:
- Manages cross functional project teams derived from the groups within Facilities to deliver a high quality project(s).
- Drives all aspects of the project management process from initiation, planning, risk analysis, execution, control and closure.Manages all aspects proactively.
- Provides project management for construction and remodeling projects, ensures projects are within budget and on time; assess long-term facility value; administers contracts; observes and inspects work. Ensures vendor and service provider accountability.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining MS Project timelines for each project, and uses these timelines to track and manage a project’s progress.
- Responsible for creating Project Plans (e.g. Responsibility Table and Communication Plans) and Project Data Sheet for each project, including pre and post project meetings.
- Requires the ability to negotiate and manage competing priorities across multiple functional areas.
- Works with functional areas on initiating, planning, executing, controlling, closing and resourcing projects.Acts as an operational nexus or focal point for interdepartmental and intradepartmental groups (e.g. Facilities Compliance, Operations, Services, EH&S, QA/QC, Purchasing, etc.), coordinating these different groups in a matrix environment to drive and complete projects.
- Insures all groups provide deliverables.Informs all groups of deliverables and timeline, project developments and insures completion according to timelines.
- Manage and coordinate all vendors involved in the project, including managing the RFP processes and overall budget for each.
- Prepares high-quality reports (financial, project, etc.) for management on program status and issues.
- Conducts project management meetings with all stakeholders to establish and communicate timelines, discuss contractual obligations, and resolve problems. Communicates problems and issues which may affect project milestones in a timely manner.
- Coordinates construction and equipment projects with other departments.
- Investigates complaints and ensures resolution of construction projects; ensures compliance issues are resolved.
- Participates in developing, administering, and monitoring project budgets.
- Manage small Facilities capital or service projects as dictated by approved projects list.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level, as required.
- 7+ years relevant project management, administration, facilities, construction, laboratory or similar experience
- BA or BS degree in a related field or similar
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD required, experience and use of Revit desirable. If no previous experience, the ability to acquire adequate Revit skills within 6 months of hire is required
- Strong MS Office, MS Project and MS Excel skills required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on multiple projects
- Work on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative is required in resolving problems and making recommendations; an experienced, creative problem solver
- Highly effective organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal who can communicate well with staff at all levels in the Company as well as external stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to solve problems proactively while remaining calm and respectful of all stakeholders
- Consummate time management skills, with a proven track record to plan, identify risks, anticipate issues and outcomes and respond strategically, tactically and operationally while balancing short-term and long-term objectives of the Company
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus
Physical requirements: occasional lifting of file boxes up to 25 lbs.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this position, please click on the following link:
Seattle Genetics, Inc.
Reference Job Code: 1702DM-01 #LI-KA1
Seattle Genetics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer