Earn a Master's in Pharmaceutical Bioengineering part-time, in the evenings at UW. Learn more.
Equipnet Auction: Lab, Analytical & Bio Processing equipment from Sanofi & others! - April 25
Seattle Genetics, Inc.
GMP Equipment Technician
Location: Bothell, Washington
The GMP Technician supports the Facilities team. This position will be responsible for coordinating equipment calibration and maintenance activities to support GMP, GLP and R&D laboratories. This person will be responsible for the day to day coordination of equipment calibration, maintenance and qualification activities within the Seattle Genetics equipment calibration and maintenance program. This position will support Seattle Genetics’ Equipment Monitoring System (EMS) by providing logger management and administration; maintaining the system in a validated state and in compliance with applicable Seattle Genetics procedures. This position reports to the Manager, Facilities Compliance.
- Coordinate various equipment calibration and maintenance activities
- Conduct training, communication, and escort of equipment contractors
- Assist in managing and scheduling the contractors performing Seattle Genetics Equipment Maintenance, calibration and qualifications
- Participate in On-call rotation for equipment monitoring & alarms
- Support incident investigations pertaining equipment calibration and maintenance
- Support qualification activities involving equipment
- Routine procedure review and maintain equipment related SOPs consistent with best practice
- Perform data entry and verification functions within the CMMS (CMMS WO User)
- Manage and maintain spare parts inventory to support the equipment calibration and maintenance program
- Provide documentation support for the equipment Calibration & Maintenance program (commissioning, MEF equipment and task enrolment, equipment labeling)
- Assist with the equipment enrollment process into the CMMS (equipment, parts, tasks, personnel, procedures, measurement data templates, etc.)
- Initiate and champion equipment related Change Requests (CR)
- Perform emergency calibration and repairs
- Lead small process improvement projects through to completion (for example, 5S storage areas)
- Participate in Facilities continuous improvement and Total Quality Management efforts
- System owner for the Administration of the MEF
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to work off hours in order to complete maintenance assignments, on call duty
- Organized and mechanically inclined
- Effective team player and strong communicator
- Ability to act as liaison between the Quality and Technical functions
- Ability to self-start and direct activities in the absence of supervision
- Must have a strong knowledge of GxP equipment compliance requirements
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and procedures
- Must have a strong knowledge of MS office applications
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years of on-the-job experience in working with equipment calibration and maintenance in a GxP regulated environment field
- Degree from a technical college, university or equivalent with at least 3 years of experience in a biotechnology environment
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this position, please click on the following link:
Seattle Genetics, Inc.
Reference Job Code: 1704JM-01 #LI-KA1
Seattle Genetics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer