Earn a Master's in Pharmaceutical Bioengineering part-time, in the evenings at UW. Learn more.
Earn a Master's in Biomedical Regulatory Affairs part-time, in the evenings at UW. Learn more.
Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
Manager, Material Management
Alder is revolutionizing the way antibody therapies are identified, selected, developed and produced. Our proprietary technologies make great strides possible in the field of antibody therapeutics, yielding innovative potential new treatments for conditions such as migraine and rheumatoid arthritis.
This position will be part of the Manufacturing Logistics Team at Alder Biopharmaceuticals, supporting global clinical and commercial supply and logistics operations to meet strategic business objectives. This individual will work closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to develop, implement, and enhance inventory and materials management activities. The successful candidate will have demonstrated outstanding communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as strong problem solving abilities. This position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and oversight of all inventory control, strategic project management, system and new product integration, process excellence, and the development and use of key performance metrics and decision tools to optimize performance, efficiency, and utilization.
- Gather and analyze data to develop strategic insights and recommendations on key transportation, distribution and process change initiatives.
- Develop, implement and manage proper inventory control procedures and processes according to cGMPs to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Maintain materials inventory records and databases, track and report inventory movements, manage returns and if necessary, material destruction according to cGMPs. Participate in deviation and CAPA identification and resolution.
- Provide oversight and coordination of physical inventories at third party CMOs and storage depots.
- Consistently produce a high level of documentation accuracy and clarity according to cGMP documentation practices (GDP).
- Comply with Good Distribution Practices and cGMP practices and regulations such as FDA 21 CFR Parts 210-211 and European GMPs for medicinal products.
- Work with other team members to prepare and communicate forecasts, plans, and inventory reports to management and other internal stakeholders.
- Ensure all planning and fulfillment is managed within the contract supply terms for each third party CMO.
- Design and track metrics/KPIs for each external supplier.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and standards by participating in benchmarking activities, and industry conferences, and integrate knowledge into development of metrics, analytics, new technology and process improvements.
- Provide strong customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work with Management to manage supply risk mitigation activities and management of forward coverage/safety stock. Identify and provide options for resolving supply issues in conjunction with stakeholders.
- BS/BA degree in a science, engineering, or business field, plus a minimum of 5 years of inventory / material management experience.
- Recent experience in the pharmaceutical industry and international supply chain expertise is required. This should include experience in time-critical and temperature-sensitive transport of medicinal product.
- APICS certification CPIM/CSCP preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Appropriate understanding and demonstrated experience in a regulated manufacturing and supply chain setting including understanding of Good Manufacturing and Good Distribution Practices.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical supply chain, material management, and international distribution experience (pharmaceuticals) preferable.
- Experience in an FDA regulated atmosphere.
- Experience implementing and working with an integrated enterprise level planning system is strongly preferred. (SAP, Oracle etc.).
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying for this position, please reference job code P17-02 and let us know how you heard about the opportunity.
Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
Reference Job Code: P17-02
Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer