Earn a Master's in Pharmaceutical Bioengineering part-time, in the evenings at UW. Learn more.
Equipnet Auction: Lab, Analytical & Bio Processing equipment from Sanofi & others! - April 25
Scientist, IVD Assay Development
RareCyte is a life science company focused on the development of proprietary technology to detect, characterize and access rare cells in blood. Applications for the technology are being developed in the areas of oncology, prenatal health and infectious diseases. Please visit our website at www.rarecyte.com for more information.
- Develop antibody based assays for In-Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) usage via Immunohistochemistry (IF) and Immunofluorescence (IHC).
- Develop staining protocols for automated slide stainers including the Ventana Discovery Ultra, Leica Bond RX, and Dako Link 48.
- Develop QC measures to optimize and test reagents via analytical means.
- Perform protein conjugations and purifications, along with the necessary QC measures, especially of antibody conjugates.
- Develop and commercialize reagents for IVD kits, including but not limited to:
- Density based separation.
- Antibody based cell capture.
- Sample preservation and storage.
- Protein stabilization.
- Perform assay scale-up for transition to manufacturing and define QC tests for production.
- Contribute to existing technology and product development.
- Complete verification and validation of assays on bench and instrument.
- Deliver high quality technical reports and scientific presentations.
- Support the development of automated rare cell detection by identifying cells tagged with specific antibodies.
- B.S. in chemistry, bioengineering, biophysics, or a related field required; M.S. or PhD a plus.
- 5-10 years laboratory experience required; microscopy experience a plus.
- Assay development experience greatly preferred.
- Experience working with fluorophores via IF and IHC, especially quantum dots.
- Experience working with FFPE tissue and PBMC samples.
- Emphasis on multi-disciplinary studies and experiences (either academic or commercial) is greatly preferred.
- An extremely creative mindset to develop innovative solutions to challenging problems in the biomedical field.
- An analytical skillset to independently develop experiments and analyze the results quantitatively.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced work environment and the flexibility to adapt to changing workloads and projects as needed.
- Ability and desire to identify problems early and develop and communicate solutions.
- Experience in planning, performing and analyzing laboratory experiments.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and spatial skills.
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience handling biohazardous material preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Candidates can apply online:
RareCyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer