Earn a Master's in Pharmaceutical Bioengineering part-time, in the evenings at UW. Learn more.
Equipnet Auction: Lab, Analytical & Bio Processing equipment from Sanofi & others! - April 25
Field Applications Scientist
RareCyte is a life science company focused on the development of proprietary technology to detect, characterize and access rare cells in blood. Applications for the technology are being developed in the areas of oncology, prenatal health and infectious diseases. Please visit our website at www.rarecyte.com for more information.
- Provide highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Review and approve operational quality of system equipment.
- Instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Serve as company liaison to provide ongoing scientific, technical and administrative support to customers in early stages of research projects after installation.
- Interpret customersí needs and identify if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel or engineers; may promote the sale of service contracts.
- Assist Marketing and Engineering groups in the development and testing of new products and applications.
- Develop applicable training courses and procedures.
- Attend tradeshow events and workshops to provide scientific and technical support during product demonstrations.
- Write and review technical bulletins and product documentation.
- Communicate effectively to a large audience in a classroom or demonstration setting.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers; ability to manage expectations while exceeding the customerís needs.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills.
- Minimum 50% travel required (domestic and international).
- Must have a B.S. or higher in Cell or Molecular Biology or related field.
- 2-3 years of industry or academic laboratory experience.
- Experience in molecular and cell biology techniques, including PCR, RT-PCR, FISH, immunofluorescence microscopy, tissue culture.
- Must have expertise in several of the following key areas:
- Fluorescence microscopy.
- Digital image analysis.
- Advanced instrumentation.
- Customer support.
Candidates can apply online:
RareCyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer